Consulting and Speaking Engagements
Speaking engagements are an opportunity to reach a wider population through a variety of services. These can include:
- "Lunch and Learn" corporate meetings
- Presenting to school districts about mental health interventions
- Working with pediatric practices to better integrate social and emotional development into primary care settings
These events are scheduled through various groups where I provide relevant information in an interactive, informative presentation.Some of my previous topics include:
- "All About Anxiety"
- "Big Feelings, Little Bodies: Helping Understand Young Children”
- "Downsizing Depression for Youth”
- "Education with the Whole Student"
- "Early Intervention & Preventive Care for Mental Health”
- "The SPACE Program (Supportive Parenting for Anxious Childhood Emotions) Adapted for Schools"
- "Tacking Technology with Youth"
- "Anxiety of Isolation"
- "Navigating COVID Anxiety"
- "Putting Stress on the Bench"
School consultations are available on an individual basis and are determined after either the initial session or ongoing therapy for a client. These can be requested either by families or school districts directly. This service is available to support school personnel in meeting the needs of the client with effective interventions and/or offering strategies to increase school success. This includes working with school personnel for IEP or RTI meetings as well as providing expertise for classroom teachers.
Behavior consultations are aimed at targeted behaviors that are usually happening within the home or a specific environment and are challenging to manage. The goal is to develop a positive behavior plan and adaptive strategies that support the child or teen.
Parent/caregiver consultations can be done a variety of ways depending on the need of the individual and/or family. Whether it is individual work or leading small groups, I've work with helping parents through difficult childhood behaviors and assisting in how to realign the family unit. The goal is to provide proven and research-based strategies to the family that they can then apply and add to their parenting tool kit.
Corporate consultations are tailored uniquely to each corporation or business. Whether an organization is a start-up trying to support mental health for employees or a large corporation looking to provide trainings on stress, burnout, and identifying warning signs of mental health challenges, we lead these difficult discussions for you. These consultations aim to bring awareness on how supporting mental health is an integral part of success of an organization.